Members
  • Content count

• Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About SYZYGY

• Birthday
  1. NEW CONTEST WITH PRIZES

Tried to edit once again and it gave me an error once I was done writing sorry, I keep getting new thoughts sorry. You could show them clips of certain skills that make one feel great when they use them, which is the prick for rogues, offering for clerics, and daredevil for warriors. you could make a slow-mo of the cinematics in a certain stressful scenario that'll make them feel something. for example an invisible hunter rogue using the prick on a thief at samarkand(since this is where all the action was, including PvPs) to help a trader. I'll try to make this my last edit!
  2. NEW CONTEST WITH PRIZES

One last, I couldn't edit my last post so I'll write it here. An extremely random weird thought BUT! a lot of people link silkroad to linkin park since that's what everyone was listening to at the time, and all the montages had their songs in them, you could use that in your favor, remember, the audience you're targeting are either adults who are still adults or little kids are now adults, people remember those kind of things and link them to whatever they spent their time doing at the time.
  3. NEW CONTEST WITH PRIZES

The thing is, I am in that position, I hadn't played sro in 9 years, and I joined this server about a month ago, the reason I was stuck here, was spending time with my friends which was nostalgia for me, but if you'd like to compare it to iSro I'm afraid it's not going to be that simple, for example the Academy was something that people loved because the concept of it changed the whole system, level up parties were expensive so people would join the Academy of a certain person so that they can get free lvls and the lvler can also get rewards, those are the things people most enjoyed, it would give you the feeling and sense of accomplishment, however, there isn't much of that in private servers, so I'd suggest the best thing is some really "emotional" clips of people killing uniques and the aftermath of it where people are celebrating, doesn't necessarily have to be real you can script one. The other thing is fortress wars where also people had a lot of fun and memories in, you could also show the aftermath of that, how every person in thee guild would be proud with the badges by their names, walking around in the town that they've taken over. And last, which is not that important of a suggestion, you could show specifically wings at roc mountain for nostalgia, as people spend months and years lvling up there, it'll bring back a lot of memories. pulling them back even if it's a little manipulative might be enough since they'll get used to changes and start to accept the new ideas of Private Sro.
  4. NEW CONTEST WITH PRIZES

Making people feel something is the goal here, and the easiest thing to make them feel is nostalgia, Nostalgia makes a person miss a certain thing and feel the need to start engaging in whatever the topic is. In order to achieve that you'll have to show the best parts of the original old iSro, they wouldn't appreciate easy lvling so that's one problem, since the leveling part was the hardest to achieve on iSro at the time. Also, you could help ensure nostalgia will be achieved by showing people communicate or play as one for certain parts, such as guilds, parties, and any event that requires communication of some sort. Roc was an important thing at that time and videos of all the players fighting roc could also trigger some emotions. and last, show something all the players from that time can relate to, so people could share it with friends and remember the times they had doing it. The point I'm trying to make is that you should show them what they had, not what's new and you would like to showcase, no person ever accepts change easily so don't highlight any of the changes.